Saturday, August 2, 2014

Starlite Dress


A while back my mother gave me some of my old books for the girls to read, and some of the ones they have become attached to are about Rainbow Brite.  So of course I told them I'd make a Rainbow Brite dress!  I bought this Riley Blake unicorn fabric instead of making a costume.  I thought this would appease them since the unicorn looked liked Rainbow Brite's horse, Startlite.  


The dress was made using a newly released pattern that I love!  The Sunny Dress & Top by SewVery.   I was fortunate to test the 3T version.  The pattern is a fitted A-line dress that ties in the back (so adorable!).  There's an option of putting a ruffle across the top or leaving it plain - both cute options.  The pattern fits the girls really well, which isn't always the case with every pattern. 


You can also use the pattern to make a top, which I'll post more about later next week (sneak peak above).  Right now the pattern is 20% off this weekend.  If you're looking for an adorable summer dress or top to sew for your girl, check it out!

8 comments:

  1. I adore both pieces you made, and now my daughter wants a dress with unicorns! Thanks so much for testing and blogging about the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are seriously adorable. I love that last picture, too - definitely frame worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combination od fabrics. Good job! I enjoyed seeing the variations of the pattern too.
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that fabric!! And those pompoms are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute dress and top! Love the rainbow fabric too! I'm currently hosting a sewing series called Sew Many Books. there is a sew a long {with prizes!} If you have sewed anything inspired by a book in 2014 I'd love to have you join! Hop over to Nap-Time Creations and check out the series! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this so much! It's such a fun pattern and your version is great!

    ReplyDelete